冬季的英语词汇学习

冬季的英语词汇学习
+ J0 m* _' W8 V( I

0 B( M$ k1 P+ ~0 e, e$ S
What is a modern winter like?

1 k- i) p6 A9 V2 u+ X# ^, I" \7 [
Vocabulary: winter and modern
& O) U; V0 n3 c7 k
冬季渐渐来临啦!天气转冷,大家也都大家也都开始穿戴起长袖,裹起厚厚的棉袄了。What is a modern winter like? (拥有现代科技的冬天是怎样的?)在科技尚不发达的过去,人们在严寒天气里由于保暖条件差,经常只能束手束脚。现如今,随着智能保暖的科技产品的问世,尽管严冬时节天气恶劣,生活也能变得舒适宜人。人们凭借现代科技,发明了多种多样的御寒窍门。下面听听小b对冬季的英语词汇学习的具体介绍吧。也可带上耳机听下面的音频学习文件,让你的冬天更温暖!
$ a! r! u& D* u6 E7 ^. t
) j6 H8 m* }9 `% i, x
For many, the thought of winter used to be enough to make their blood run cold. But using technology, life needn\'t freeze up. With the right solutions, there\'s no reason why winter can\'t be really, really cool.
8 U" O0 [+ X5 a8 C: _- W
In my memory, winters always used to be really unpleasant. You had to bundle up just to keep warm when you went outside. You were often cold, wet and never more than a sodden misstep away from a patch ofblack ice. If you didn\'t have a nasty slide, you\'d arrive home to an ice-coldhouse. And that would mean turning on the heating and waiting. It\'s a miracle you didn\'t get chilled to the bone.
* F; v7 J. }5 H; S( l+ L  T$ R
Fortunately, things don\'t have to be so challenging anymore. Technology, engineering and design have advanced giving us new solutionsto old problems. It means dealing with winter needn\'t be like skating on thinice.

. w  ~& t0 ]: [+ k7 C
With a smart thermostat, our homes can be toasty when weneed them to be. Many models feature smartphone apps that allow you to regulate temperature remotely, so we can warm up the house before we arrive home. According to techradar.com, the largest UK-based consumer technology news andreviews website, Tado\'s model features voice control, while the Nest\'learns\' your habits and automatically heats the home for you.

9 w  r! G2 f* Z8 M( N
Clothes have been given an upgrade, too. Electronic thermal jackets, hoodies and parkas heat up when you turn them on. What better way to keep snug in the dead of winter? At the touch of a button, or through anapp on our phones, the clothing generates heat from elements placed inside.Many models offer three levels of heating which stay warm for over 12 hours.
: z9 n. F( z' L# A
Finally, there is the headgear - Beanies and earmuffsthat feature speakers included in the fabric using Bluetooth technology so wecan listen to our favourite music or, in some cases, have a phone call using the in-built microphone. All while keeping the head warm and avoiding a chill.

9 [5 ~6 t7 J; t( ]5 D* b

# S8 {4 n# [! m: L5 g# f
冬季的英语词汇表:

2 H. ^0 q) O0 z3 F. c
1.make someone’s blood run cold 让人不寒而栗
2.freeze up 冻滞不前,失去生机
3.cool 很棒的(又指 “凉爽的”,这里是双关语)
4.bundle up 穿暖和,多穿衣服
5.sodden 湿漉漉的
6.black ice (路面上的)薄冰
7.slide 滑倒
8.chilled to the bone 寒冷刺骨的
9.skating on thin ice 如履薄冰
10.thermostat 温度自动调节器
11.toasty 暖烘烘的,暖意绵绵的
12.regulate 调节、控制
13.thermal (衣物)有保暖功能的
14.snug 暖和舒适的
15.in the dead of winter 隆冬时节
16.element 电热元件
17.beanie (无檐的)毛线便帽
18.earmuff 耳套
19.chill 受凉

& Y" z! ~1 O6 W) J" c$ o' Y+ S& q8 _4 n. \9 f# F) m$ e

评分

参与人数 1金币 +3 收起 理由
newsoul + 3 赞一个!

查看全部评分

纪录是一种自省的方式。

主题

回帖

积分

禁止访问

积分
发表于 2021-3-31 21:02:57 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

为兴趣而生,纽颂欢迎您! 立即登录 一键注册

QQ|排行榜|手机版|小黑屋|帮助|纽颂网 ( 京ICP备********号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 21:18